Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Protesters in Boston Reminding s of the Past

A few days ago I was walking around Faneuil Hall in Boston with some friends and we came upon some protesters. I stopped long enough to catch one of them saying that they forgive if the cops just like Jesus forgave people for their sins. This got me interested but my friends did not want to listen anymore.

I could not hear any more of what they had to say but I did notice a few other things. I noticed they had a red and black flag, I assume it stood for some kind of freedom. There were many police officers around them as well.  I also noticed in one of the protester’s hands was the very famous Guy Fawkes mask.

As soon as I saw the mask I thought back to when we learned about Guy Fawkes in history class. Guy Fawkes had a plan to blow up King James I and the British Parliament way back in 1605. He and his allies filled over 20 barrels with gunpowder and stored them in the cellar under the House of Lords.


People still remember Guy Fawkes and his attempt today. Many protesters use his face to show that they are serious about whatever they are protesting. His face can be seen in almost every city in U.S where people are protesting. 

Pictography: 
Guy Fawkes Mask. Digital Image. Web. 12 March 2014.
 http://www.aliexpress.com/popular/guy-fawkes-mask.html 

Guy Fawkes Mask Protesters. Photograph. Web. 12 March 2014.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes_mask 

2 comments:

  1. That seems so cool! The fact that you got to see a protest in Boston with Guy Fawkes masks on seems really exciting. It's really interesting how a tradition back in England is even used here. You can't help but think about how strong Guy Fawkes influence was towards people, even today centuries later! I really liked your post and I loved your topic! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seems so cool! The fact that you got to see a protest in Boston with Guy Fawkes masks on seems really exciting. It's really interesting how a tradition back in England is even used here. You can't help but think about how strong Guy Fawkes influence was towards people, even today centuries later! I really liked your post and I loved your topic! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete