Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Magna Carta to Boston


There are only four surviving copies in the world and one of them is coming to Boston. The Magna Carta is coming to the Museum of Fine Arts from July 2nd, 2014 until September 1st, 2014.  The Magna Carta is a document written in 1215 that was the foundation for many things that Americans still appreciate today.


The exhibit will also include portraits, marble busts, and historical documents that relate to several of the Founding Fathers, presidents, and abolitionists, especially from Massachusetts, who were inspired by the liberties brought on by the Magna Carta.

This connects back to History class when we learned about The Age of Absolutism. The Magna Carta promised that all laws would be fair and good,and it also it states that everyone will be able to have access to the courts. Basically the document gave more power to the people and less power to the King.


The Magna Carta will return to London, England for its 800th anniversary in 2015.

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your blog post! Since there were a lot of pictures and not many words I was immediately drawn in. I liked your connection with the Magna Carta to the age of Absolutism. I think you could have written a little more on how they connected and how it related in class. Besides that I thought your blog post was very well written!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your blog post very much. You drew me in by your title, I was curious to see what you had to say about the Magna Carta coming to Boston. You made a great connection with the age of absolutism and related or class to Bsoton. I liked how you explained what the Magna Carta is and how it was very important in history. I am going to have to go see the document when it comes to Boston! Well written!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked your blog post! I liked how the paragraphs were short! I also liked how the information was directly stated instead of being spread out over many paragraphs. Hopefully I will get the chance to see this document when it comes to Boston. I liked how you included multiple pictures to aid in comprehension. I have been to Museum of Fine Arts before and I cant wait to go back to see this piece of history! Great job!

    ReplyDelete