Thursday, December 12, 2013

Cabin in Jamestown

Cabin In the Woods, 2011
Over the summer me and my friends decided to view the movie Cabin in the Woods, the movie is about this group of teenagers who go out to the woods an encounter deadly fictional monsters. These monsters are set up by a government agency to keep them from taking over our world. Most of the teens end up dying and to the outside world it would be very mysterious circumstances. Just like in Jamestown how most of the population ended up dead and to this day we are still figuring out why.

One theory is that the Native Americans attacked the English settlers. Connecting back to the movie and how most of them were killed by barbaric creatures. To the English the natives probably seemed quite "barbaric". Coming in and attacking the clueless English, it MUST have been in their blood to kill and to act so barbaric.

But, in reality they were just protecting themselves and their families. To them, the English were unwelcome guests who decided to make a permanent settlement. The Native Americans probably wanted them gone and scaring them away was their best bet. But, since they never left a lot of blood was shed throughout the years diminishing the English population. This is just one of the many reasons as to why so many people within Jamestown ended up dead, other speculations include, unattainable water, harsh winters and lack of food.

 
 
Bibliography: 
 

5 comments:

  1. I loved reading this, you did a great job catching the readers eye! I loved how you compared the mysterious deaths of these teenagers to the deaths of the Jamestown colonists. However, I felt to make this piece of writing even better you could add one more paragraph connecting the two topics and show how they are similar and have an overview of the essay. At the end of your essay I thought it was a great idea to show the trailer of the movie, it looks awesome! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog entry was very good, in fact as the french would say tres good or something I don't know. You did a fantastic job on making the connection to your topic relevant to readers, by using a movie that most people would have at least heard of.Especially connecting it to the Native Americans and English which is already an interesting topic, it's totes awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that your blog was fantastic. Your connection made a lot of sense. The trailer helped me understand the connection. I thought that the connection was really relevant to the readers and I really want to watch the movie now. I think maybe you could have added a little more details on how the movie and Jamestown are related and their similarities. Overall, this blog caught my eye with the trailer and after reading It I can clearly see the connection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed reading this blog post. Cabin in the Woods is a great movie to connect to Jamestown with all the different ways they died with mysterious creatures. It is quite a quality movie. I liked how you had the trailer embedded in it so the reader could further understand how it connects. I also liked in the first paragraph how your description of the movie showed its relevance to Jamestown and sort of built up to your connection. To quote the words of Shaelyn, "it's totes awesome".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked your connection between the movie Cabin in the Woods and Jamestown. You did a nice job of establishing the connection and supporting it. I would have liked to see a few more details about how the "creatures" were like the Native Americans. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete