Sunday, February 9, 2014

Elizabeth in the Tower of London





On February vacation of 5th grade, my family and I traveled to London.  We saw so many beautiful buildings there, but one that really stood out was the Tower of London.  The picture below is one that I took while I was there. 
 
 
 
The Tower of London is located next to the Thames river.  It used to be used as a prison and a palace, but is now a museum open to the public.  One main attraction there is the crown jewels.  William the Conqueror started to build the Tower of London in the early 1080s. 

In class, we talked about how Mary I locked Elizabeth away in the Tower of London during her rule.  At the time that I went to the Tower of London, I did not know this.  I thought it was interesting that I could learn new things about it after I had been there. 

I think it is really cool that I can relate my vacations to things I have learned in school.  I really enjoyed seeing the Tower of London because there is so much history in it.  The Tower of London is so big and beautiful, I want to go back to see it again!

 

3 comments:

  1. Michelle, I really liked your post! It's so cool that you can continue to learn about things in England's history and think to yourself, "Oh, I've been there!". Your picture is really good and it's a nice personal touch to your post because you took it yourself. Your post was short but sweet and to the point, without lacking detail. Really good job :)
    -Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed learning about this topic in school too. I loved how you can relate to your personal life and connect it to school also. Although your piece was short you didn't leave out details. I liked how you added a visual of the tower to give a sense of what it looks like. Ever sense we learned about this topic in history I have wanted to go visit the tower and you did a nice job making connections. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! I also visited the Tower of London before I knew a lot about, and I wish I could go back now that I know more about it. I think it is really cool to see buildings we learn about in history still exist today! I like how your piece was short, but you gave all the details, such as where it is located, and you clearly explained how it connects to our class. This was interesting to read, and I think you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete